The Nevada Rural Development Council (NRDC) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to the enhancement of rural communities in Nevada. It is a collaborative public/private partnership comprised of federal, state, local, tribal, university, non-profit organizations and private sector individuals dedicated to collaboration and partnership.
The NRDC mission is to “raise the capacity of rural communities.” The NRDC seeks to carry out its mission by:
- Providing rural communities with strategic planning assistance, including community assessments, asset mapping, and plan implementation.
- Providing leadership development as a foundation of every community.
- Providing access to resources.
- Serving as a networking link between resources and needs.
- Promoting the quality of life in the values, needs, and contributions of rural communities.